When your little one is ready to let go of your hand,
we’re here to extend ours!
Mini Mensch and Beyond is a pre-nursery drop-off program designed by expert early childhood educators with
classes led by warm and engaging ECE instructors. Be amazed by the songs and stories your child brings home and above all the smile looking back at you at the end of a wonderful day.
- Songs and stories to develop early literacy
- Arts and crafts to define motor skills
- Playtime inside and outside to focus on gross motor development
- Free play in a variety of classroom centres to develop interests, build social skills and make new friends!
- Baking challah to bring Shabbat and holiday activities to tables at home
- Shabbat and holiday celebrations to form connections to vibrant Jewish life
It’s never too early to develop a love of learning and AHS nursery
students are bursting with love for what they learn!
Our students come home belting out songs for Jewish holidays, telling stories about the letters of the
alphabet and talking about new school friends! Our caring educators celebrate the beauty and potential
of all children while supporting their individual development. Watch your child develop independence
from learning how to take on and off outdoor clothes to putting away belongings.
Half-day (9 a.m-noon) | Full-day (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.) five days a week | Before and after care is available
- Circle time with fun and engaging songs and stories to promote early literacy
- Early reading skills taught through an introduction to letters and morning message
- Jewish holidays and Shabbat celebrations building early Jewish connections
- In-class science experiments with guest educators
- Hebrew language acquisition through songs, classroom phrases and stories
- Two hours of daily outdoor play a day to build on social and gross motor skills
- Classroom learning centres to build the imagination, develop new interests and practice cooperation
- Field trips to explore our local community with hands-on learning and an added dose of fun!
In our JK/SK program, students fill their educational toolboxes
everyday with the guidance of our outstanding educators. By the
time they enter Grade 1, our students are confident, curious and
conscientious learners and friends.
Hebrew immersion (half-day English/half-day Hebrew) begins in SK at both the
Kamin and Posluns AHS elementary school campuses.
Associated Hebrew Schools provides our students with the tools they need to grow academically, socially and Jewishly. Full-day and half-day options available at both campuses.
- Pre-reading and reading skills development tailored to each child’s ability
- Math skills development through hands-on, real world activities
- Hebrew language and Israeli culture immersion through songs, creative activities and games
- Love of Judaism through in-class and community Shabbat and holiday programming
- Science exploration through activities and experiments
- Technology integration with regular guided use of iPads, SMARTboards and computers
- Meaningful friendships and developing important social skills through free-play and collaboration
- Character building activates through circle time, tzedakah projects and class presentations